Manager, Conduct, Compliance and Risk
Salary £70,000 - £85,000 per annum
Consultant Pardeep Thind
Date posted 06 September 2018 2018-09-062018-11-04 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity has arisen for Manager, Compliance, Conduct and Risk working for a large International Bank. This is a newly created role and sits within the second line of defence. The department support a broad range of Global market products and the Compliance, Conduct and Risk team has responsibility for business oversight and assurance activities in relation to Conduct & Compliance, and Operational Risk; in addition to implementing the Conduct Strategy, managing the People Risk Agenda, liaison with the regulators and managing Insurable Risks for the Group.
The team size currently is 35 people and focus upon the activity undertaken by Financial Institutions, Global Corporates and Commercial Banking Markets and includes the Markets Operations and Trade Services area that supports these areas.
You can expect to gain valuable insight and experience in the regulatory framework whilst increasing your risk management skill set through exposure to work on several key Group priorities.
Some of your duties will include:
- Review and assess the continuous risk assessment activities undertaken to identify, assess, monitor and control operational risks including Risk Appetite, RCSA, KRIs, Risk Events, Scenario Analysis and Data Validation.
- Review the completeness and accuracy of risks and controls identified and provide the necessary challenge where they are not consistent with 2LOD views.
- Undertake deep dives to assess the control environment.
- Review and assess New Product
In terms of experience we are looking for candidates with:
- Significant financial services operational risk experience, preferably within a commercial banking environment.
- Good knowledge of cash and derivatives products covering Rates, Credit, FX, Loans and Deposits.
- Good front to back process and control knowledge.
- Good Operational Risk Framework knowledge.
- Understanding of the three lines of defence model of risk management
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills.
Please forward your resume for more details