Manager, Agent Risk Assessment
Salary £60,000 - £85,000 per annum
Consultant Pardeep Thind
Date posted 09 August 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
The overall N2MI team is comprised of the core Network Management function (Cash & Securities), Market Intelligence and Risk & Control. This responsibility covers all Group companies globally. Prime areas of coverage are securities custody, collateral margin, nostro cash accounts and bullion storage/consignment.
- Assist with the ongoing development and enhancement of risk assessments to ensure that they evolve as new risks are identified or where there are changes to risks due to legislation or market practice. Undertake Risk Reviews on all existing and proposed custodians. Assess and evaluate the legal, regulatory, operational, counterparty, reputational and country infrastructure risk and contractual responsibilities of all custodians.
- To interact closely with Global Network Management, Legal, Compliance and Group companies, providing a non-commercially biased and confidential (Chinese Walls) risk assessment service.
- To identify and analyse all risks and make recommendation to the Network Governance Panel to either add to the ‘Approved custodians’, approve as a dispensation or decline appointment as appropriate
- Completion of an Agent Key Risk Summary report with identification and assessment of all pertinent risks taking into account operational risk, credit risk, legal risk, country risk and market infrastructure risk. Make recommendation to line management. This will include the completion and/or review and assessment of the following:
a) due diligence report
b) operational risk analysis
c) Country risk reviews, including identifying infrastructure and legal risks
d) Contracts/documentation with agents
e) Central Securities Depository
f) Credit Risk of the agent through utilising the Groups CARM for Banks credit assessment and Counterparty Risk Rating (CRR) or where not an existing HSBC credit client analysing the agents financial statements.
Management of Risk
Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience
- Market knowledge of the fund and securities industry and custody
- Knowledge and experience of the network management and due diligence process an advantage
- Strong understanding of the risk and control environment, including operational risk
- Experience of legal documentation an advantage
- Experience in either Compliance, Risk or Audit
- Strong analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Flexible and organised
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Banking qualifications an advantage