Conduct Risk Manager
Salary £55,000 - £67,000 per annum
Consultant Natasha Nair
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A new permanent opportunity has just been released at one of UK's leading Retail and Wholesale Banks. This is a Conduct Risk Manager position working within the Group Corporate Treasury function. The bank is looking for a strong candidate who is keen to work in the 1LOD to ensure effective controls and conduct risk practices.
With the changes to the structural reform regulation our client is looking for a Conduct Risk Manager to help with our first line Regulatory Controls. The key objective of the role is act as a first line compliance business policy and advisory role covering Market Conduct, Conduct of Business requirements and Senior Manager Regime with a limited amount of Financial Crime coverage.
The Conduct Risk Manager will join a growing team of 20 who are split into four different teams:
- Regulatory and Controls (1st line)
- Operational Risk
- Surveillance team
- Controls Testing
Working within the 1st line Regulatory and Controls team you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the risk and control environment is understood, accurately documented and tested
- Act as a liaison point within Group Corporate Treasury for first line risk query and deliver improvements as required for Ring-Fencing
- Investigate operational/compliance risk events and/or any compliance breaches, producing monthly status updates that will help to inform business decisions
- Strong background in Wholesale Conduct Risk with a thorough understanding of the 5 Conduct Questions
- Wholesale/ Corporate Experience
- Deep understanding of operational risk and regulations such as Volker Rule etc.
- Understanding of Corporate Treasury and Wholesale Products would be advantageous
If you are a strong Conduct Risk Manager with a Wholesale/ Corporate background please apply today and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org