Front Office Controls Testing
Salary £50,000 - £110,000 per annum
Consultant Natasha Nair
Date posted 30 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
New permanent AVP and VP level Front Office Controls Testing roles have recently come to market. My client is a UK tier 1 bank based in central London looking to grow their Chief Controls Office specifically within their controls testing team.
The Chief Controls Office ensures the implementation and maintenance of a global control framework with responsibilities extending to the global international investment banking business including markets, research and treasury. The group is focused on:
- Operational Risk Management, including Risk and Control Self Assessment process
- Front to Back framework of controls
- Governance, Policies and Standards
- Controls Testing
- Issues Validation
- Conduct Risk & Conflicts of Interest
Working within the Front Office Controls Testing team you will be accountable for providing independent, valued and timely assurance to front office Supervisors and Senior Management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and controls. You will produce a planned, systematic, documented programme of independent checks to evaluate and evidence the extent to which internal controls are operating effectively; risk is being effectively managed; compliance with laws and regulations, the Firm’s Policies, Standards and procedures have been established.
- Undertake assessment of key controls in the Front Office Markets, Research, Treasury and Banking businesses, challenging control design and control operating effectiveness.
- Challenge the self assessments of controls performed by Business Units.
- Plan and execute Controls Testing reviews and reporting findings
- At VP level; lead global reviews and manage Regional Management’s expectations through forward planning and ensure reviews are managed within the approved scope and budgets to high quality standard, whilst creating regional management visibility for key milestones in the review/project lifecycle
- Background in internal audit within a bank
- Direct contact with the Front Office (within an audit function)
- Experience within risk and controls self assessment and operational risk
- For the VP level; working knowledge of leading and managing global reviews
If you have an audit background within a bank interfacing with the front office and are at the AVP or the VP level, please apply today.