Operational Risk Manager - Digital Risk
Salary £70000 - £90000 per annum
Consultant Fred Moore
Date posted 24 February 2017
This is an exciting time to join this well sponsored area of a bank based in London as they are undertaking innovative digital projects to enhance and improve the experience of customers and clients interacting with their services. The primary purpose of the Operational Risk Team is to provide the business areas within the ring-fenced bank the tools to enable the First Line of Defence to effectively measure and manage Operational Risk.
In addition to communicating the Operational Risk Framework standards and providing training on how to execute, the team provides review and challenge on the outputs of the framework.
About the role:
The Operational Risk Manager will partner business areas within the Client and Customer Experience business area with the purpose of ensuring that the First Line of Defence effectively manage risk. This includes Consumer Lending, Mortgages, Transaction Business and Premier Business. This is an exciting time to join this well sponsored area of the bank as they are undertaking innovative digital projects to enhance and improve the experience of customers and clients interacting with their services.
The role holder, recognised as a subject matter expert in Operational Risk, will provide oversight and independent robust challenge to risk decision making and the use of the Operational Risk Management Framework and tools in the First and Second Lines of Defence. You may also be required to support Group Key Risk Owners in their oversight of key risks.
As an Operational Risk Manager you will have:
- Sound, relevant and robust knowledge of the business to which they partner
- A subject matter expert in the field of Operational Risk, possessing a clear and deep understanding of Operational Risk Frameworks
- Knowledge of other key risk types and how they impact and relate to Operational Risk
- Good knowledge of industry best practice in respect of risk tools and developments and of the regulatory environment
- An understanding and knowledge of governance and control standards
- An appreciation of the AMA requirements for Operational Risk and how the Operational Risk Framework and activities contribute to and influence these requirements
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in hearing more about then please do apply below, or send through a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org