Director – Global Markets Operations Governance & Assurance
Salary £120000 - £150000 per annum
Consultant Fred Moore
Date posted 07 February 2017
A Director – Global Markets Operations Governance & Assurance role has arisen within the risk and control function of a London based tier one investment bank's global markets operations function. You will be primarily responsible for improving Operation's control environment.
About the role:
You will be in a senior role leading a team that is responsible for developing and embedding the control framework, driving robust risk governance, ensuring alignment to the Group Operational Risk Management Framework and adherence to Group standards and policies. You will have global influence and will be required to actively engage with senior stakeholders across both the first and second lines of defence. The primary areas of focus are Policy & Governance, Testing & Assurance and delivery of global risk & control initiatives which are initiated by senior management within the first and second lines of defence.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Development and embedding of the control framework ensuring full alignment with overall strategy
- Development of new policies, implementing guidelines and best practice requirements for Operations that enhance key controls, ensure adherence to Group standards and policies and ensure globally consistent implementation
- Ensuring appropriate risk governance and reporting practices are fit for purpose so that key control issues and emerging risks are addressed
- Leading and implementing the system, procedural and processing changes initiated by bank wide transformation projects
You will have:
- Knowledge of Global Markets products and associated post trade operational processes
- Excellent understanding of an Operation's environment within Global Markets
- Well-developed leadership skills
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you would be suitable for and interested in, then please do not hesitate to apply below or send through you CV and cover letter to email@example.com.