Operational Risk Manager
Salary £70000 - £85000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Consultant Fred Moore
Date posted 01 November 2016
A global asset management business is looking to hire an Operational Risk Manager, to play a key role in the business's management team. This role will act as a key relationship manager to a number of corporate functions in the organisation, and assist with their identification and improvement of operational risk. They are looking for candidates with excellent stakeholder management skills and an understanding of risk in investment management.
Primary Operational Risk Manager responsibilities:
- Lead with ongoing development of the risk framework and generation of improvement areas
- Manage the development of a component of the operational risk framework, in partnership with senior management team, such as RCSA, Risk Events, Reporting or Policy governance
- Partner and build relationships with the business / function and stakeholders, leading investigation and remediation of all risk events
- Manage external relationships with vendors and outsourced providers, and lead annual assessments on their operational risk framework
- Oversee and critique reports from the first line / business, including KRI ratings
- Manage and challenge RCSA and controls activity
- Assess risks associated with processes and change projects
- Operate high standards of quality assurance over risk events and RCSAs, as key tools in the identification, assessment, monitoring and management of risk
- Risk Management experience (1st or 2nd Line of Defence)
- In depth knowledge of Operational Risk Framework and core components
- Experience of performing RCSAs and establishing KRIs
- Experience of Risk Events - identification, capture, escalation, oversight of remediation
- Ability to fulfil 2nd line oversight and challenge and be confident in providing a risk opinion
- Ability to engage with and influence business units to improve their management of risk
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join a growing asset management business and further develop your industry expertise. The risk framework is still developing therefore this represents a great chance to play a vital role in embedding a risk aware culture across the firm.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to find out more about the Operational Risk Manager role based in London, please apply today or contact Fred Moore on email@example.com or 02075098288.