Head of Risk & Control
Salary £70000 - £80000 per annum + pension, bonus
Consultant Michael Ayres
Date posted 07 October 2016
A Manchester based firm within the Wealth Management and Investment sector is currently looking to hire a Head of Risk & Control, working alongside the Head of Security Operations Control Management across the EMEA region. The position sits within Corporate Actions and requires the business unit meets clients needs.
Head of Risk & Control - Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all embedded control activities for the function from an EMEA perspective
- Direct and perform Risk and Control Reviews/ Testing to ensure adequacy and effective of controls and provide recommendations in compliance with Control Management Testing Methodology
- Contribute, promote and monitor continuous improvement in Risk Culture
- Act as a technical expert in relation to the operational effectiveness of the controls in place and provide direction and guidance regarding effective implementation of any enhancements to controls or process
- Develop effective working relationships with the Three lines of Defence, External Auditors and Regulators where required
- Develop effective working relationships with Senior LoB Management to ensure that there are clear risk mitigation strategies in place and that the functions are operating as an effective first line of defence
- Perform oversight and recommendations to business areas on risk management, design and effective operation of controls, including Risk & Control Self Assessments
- Analyse key risk data and work with business areas to identify error root causes, material risks and control issues/themes and agree mitigating actions
Head of Risk & Control - Requirements:
- Have a proven track record in leading and performing Control Reviews and Testing.
- Professional or industry qualification such as CISI, ACCA etc
- Ideally minimum of 8-10 years’ comprehensive experience in the financial industry, preferably in a control capacity (Internal Audit, Operational Risk or Compliance)
- Strong experience in a Corporate Actions function within Asset Servicing environment is preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of Management experience and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of UK and European Regulatory Frameworks
Benefits & Applications:
Annual basic salary will be within a range from £65,000 - £80,000 and will be complimented by benefits to include Annual Bonus, Pensions Contribution, PMI, PHI, Travel Loan, Childcare Vouchers and flexible working.
To apply, simply forward a word copy of your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org To discuss further, please call myself directly on 0161 240 7459.