Portfolio Risk Analyst
Salary £45,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Natasha Nair
Date posted 12 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A new permanent Portfolio Risk Analyst opportunity has just become available at one of London's tier 1 global Asset Managers. Reporting directly to the Head of Global Fixed Income, the Portfolio Risk Analyst will assist in providing comprehensive portfolio analysis and interpretation on core products across global investment strategies with focus in Fixed Income strategies.
This risk function sits within the front office supporting portfolio managers with comprehensive portfolio and market analysis responsibilities. The Porfolio Risk Analyst will focus the generation of investment strategy reports, assessment of risk sensitivities, written commentary as well as expanding the coverage to new parts of the business. This position allows for exponential growth to transition into a front office portfolio management role.
There are 3 dimensions to this role:
- Reporting – portfolio risk reporting, investment risk
- Portfolio analysis - working with investment team analysing the portfolio and slicing and dicing the fund
- Project - working/ supporting change initiatives within the team
- Fixed income experience is essential
- Strong risk understanding within Asset Management, for example Investment Risk
- Performance attribution background
- Risk sensitivities, modern portfolio theory and security analysis
- Good Understanding of the techniques in portfolio management and understanding of financial markets
- Good academic records, preferably within finance or economics with CFA or equivalent an advantage
- Knowledge of programming within VBA and/or Matlab, R, Python.
If you are a performance analyst, investment risk analyst or portfolio risk analyst with fixed income experience please apply today.