Counterparty Model Validation Quantitative Analyst (VP)
Salary £90000 - £115000 per annum
Consultant Harriet King
Date posted 07 March 2017
An exciting new role for a Counter-party Model Validation Quantitative Analyst has become available at a leading American Investment Bank based in Canary Wharf. The role is a senior VP position in a market leading model validation team. Candidates must have experience in Quant Analytics ideally with experience of model validation with an overarching focus on counter-party analytics.
This role sits within the Model Risk Management function, a global team with members in New York, London, and Budapest. The team works closely with business quantitative strategists, risk analytics, risk managers and financial controllers. The London team works closely with other members of the Model Risk Management across all model areas globally.
You will be responsible for:
- Review, test and implement counter-party credit risk models (there will be opportunities to work on other types of models over time)
- Produce written model review reports
- Conduct on-demand analyses of model performance
- Participate in the model control and model risk management processes of the Firm
To be a successful applicant you must have:
- Strong previous experience gained in a similar role at a banking institution
- Experience working on model implementation and validation with particular counter-party relevant regulatory requirements in mind such as IMM
- Masters or Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or a related quantitative field
- In-depth knowledge of mathematical finance and statistical methods
- Proficiency with standard statistical software
- Clear thinking, good business sense and judgement
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
To discuss this role further please speak to Harriet King via email@example.com or 02075098258.