Exotic Equity Market Risk Manager
Location City of London
Consultant Harriet King
Date posted 24 November 2016
An exciting new role for VP Equities Exotic Market Risk Manager has become available at a global leading American Investment Bank based in Canary Wharf. The role is a hands on risk management roles sitting on the trading desk and dealing with limit breaches, strategic risk advisory and regulatory management. The traded book includes Equity Exotics, the Equity Swap business and various other structured product desks.
As a VP Exotic Equities Market Risk Manager you will be involved in the following tasks:
- Assessing market risks, concentrations and top risks. Including analysis of complex risks that are not easily captured by conventional risk metrics
Critically reviewing limit and reporting frameworks to ensure appropriateness of new trades and products approvals
- Development of risk methodologies and involvement in systems improvements for the front office
- Providing formal approval / veto to the desk or approval / veto recommendation to senior management
- Participate in the formal new product approval process
- Contribute to the assessment of the suitability and performance of pricing and risk models
- Understand P&L drivers and construct any necessary tools to facilitate risk and P&L analysis
- Contribute towards the development of a suite of comprehensive stress tests to highlight all key risks in the portfolio
- Potential to work closely with UK and Global Regulators, being a key participant in successful approval of ongoing model waivers, computing regulatory capital buffers etc.
You will have:
- Candidates must have exceptional product knowledge in the Equity space including structured and exotic products. Ideally this will be from a market risk management role in another investment bank. It would be preferable for candidates to also have an understanding of rates and FX products
- Candidates should have a strong academic background in a quantitative subject
- Strong analytical, financial modelling skills as well as programming (VBA, SQL, Python)
- Candidates must show excellent communication skills at interview and highlight that they are proactive team players
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further please call Harriet King on 02075098258 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.