Alternatives Investment Risk Manager
Location City of London
Consultant Harriet King
Date posted 26 October 2016
An exciting new Alternatives Investment Risk Manager role has become available in a leading financial institution in their offices based in Green Park, London. The role is focused on the management of risk in the investment process of the alternatives business for this fund manager. This will entail portfolios including real estate and private equity. This is a senior level opportunity for a candidate with a strong background in management of risk in the alternative fund management space.
The day to day responsibilities of the Alternatives Investment Risk Manager role include:
- Ensure that investment, counter-party and liquidity risk metrics are fit for purpose and meet business and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that guidance on the regulatory guidelines for clients is adhered to and fund managers are conscious of the risk influence on this
- Ensure that risk exceptions are followed up and documented appropriately. Help to facilitate pro-active interaction with the Investments Team
- Manage and assess the impact of Regulatory Changes on the local Risk Function.
- Provide consultation to portfolio managers on UCITS, Volcker and AIFMD rules and how they impact the investment process
- Recommend revised procedures to reduce risks and potential client compensation or regulatory sanctions
Your key skills:
- Previous experience in a fund management or buy side environment, this must have a focus on risk management from a front office investment perspective.
- Knowledge and experience with the evolving regulatory landscape within this space, i.e. UCITS funds and AIMFD
- Working knowledge of alternative asset classes and their reactions to risk. This can include LDI, Real Estate, Private Equity etc.
- A professional risk or investment qualification would be desirable, e.g. CFA or FRM
- Excellent decision making based on quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to assess risk trends both internally and externally
- Able to deal with and influence a range of senior stakeholders in the business, especially the ability to add value to the performance of funds through advice to portfolio managers on risk exposures of their strategies
- Knowledge of Guernsey fund regulations would be an advantage
If you would like to discuss this Alternatives Investment Risk Manager vacancy please speak to Harriet King via email@example.com or 02075098258.