Salary £500 - £550 per day
Consultant Chris Dallas
Date posted 18 October 2016
A global Investment Bank based in London is looking for a Senior Business Analyst with project management skills working on one or more major projects within Traded Risk with a specific focus on Market Risk. You will be working with and supporting key stakeholders in the Traded Risk and Risk Software delivery to develop the business and system strategy to support the strategic direction of Market Risk and identify the synergies with Traded Credit.
Responsibilities of the Senior Business Analyst:
- Business analysis and project management to support successful delivery of Traded Risk Engines projects covering market risk calculations
- Ensuring that tasks/work streams are delivered in line with Traded Risk expectations and global operating model. Balancing requirements, time to market and cost/benefits
- Ensuring that business and IT resources are coordinated during project life cycles
- Manage and run testing cycles including writing the test cases and running daily UAT calls
Prerequisite Requirements for the Senior Business Analyst:
- Experience supporting delivering of regulatory projects
- In depth knowledge of large, global system infrastructure projects within either a business change or an IT capacity and good understanding of Information Technology trends, vendors and infrastructure
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities including the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and apply sound business and technical domain knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to run working groups and workshops as needed
- Proven and demonstrable track record delivering projects in financial services – preferable Investment banking and Risk
- The candidate will be ideally educated to degree level in a numerate subject.
- Trade/market events and how they affect market risk measures
- Market risk calculations including sensitivities, VAR and stress measures
- Exposure to CVA and CVA VAR calculations
- Experience using Clarity and Workbench, MQC
This role offers fantastic coverage to the Risk team, with a possible scope to extend past the initial 6 month period.
Should you be interested in this Senior Business Analyst position based in London, please apply directly.