Strategic Model Validation - AVP and VP
Salary £45000 - £90000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Harriet King
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting new AVP opportunity is available in a strategic model validation team based in an investment bank in London City. The role is covering models across pricing, risk, capital and other entities for the bank. It will be focused on the overall model validation process and it's part in the investment banks overall methodology presence and infrastructure.
This requires technically quantitative candidates with a sound understanding of global markets and derivative products. Candidates must be keen to work in a team that has a lot of strategic stakeholder engagement coupled with technical quantitative demands.
As an AVP Strategic Model Validator you will be involved in the following:
- Become an SME in selected model validation across pricing, risk and capital and other models used within the current business
- Consider the strategic approach to current regulations such as FRTB and the impact that Model Validation will have on these regulatory submissions
- Provide comprehensive stakeholder management for tracking/escalation regarding model risk governance related regulatory initiatives and remediation actions as well as for ongoing training
- Enhance internal relationships when communicating model risk governance and related model validation aspects across all levels of the organisation including management and stakeholders from front office, quantitative functions, risk managers and finance controllers
- Execute effective project management when looking at the overall process and strategy for model validation within the bank
To be a successful in this role you will have:
- Some relevant experience in a technical financial field, this could be from market risk management, model validation, pricing, stress testing or quantitative analytics Candidates must show an audit oriented mindset when considering the responsibilities of a model validation function within an investment bank
- Mathematically or statistically minded with a background and interest in financial markets
- Self motivated and focused with the ability to pay attention to detail and ensure that high quality work is consistently produced
- Proven experience with stakeholder engagement and the ability to speak through these eloquently at interview
Please speak to Harriet King to discuss this vacancy further: email@example.com or on 02075098258.