AVP Volcker Market Risk Control
Location City of London
Consultant Harriet King
Date posted 22 September 2016
An exciting new role has become available in a globally renowned investment bank in London. The position is for an AVP Market Risk Control professional to work on the Volcker Risk Programme. This programme is at the forefront of current investment banking regulation and is highly regarded within the business. This is an excellent opportunity for a junior market risk or finance candidate to place a commercial overlay on their current experience.
As an AVP in the Volcker Risk Control programme you will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of Volcker data across traded risk, PC and Finance. This will also involve the management and development of the current data frameworks for Volcker MI. The team is responsible for accurate and timely internal governance and regulatory submission.
Key factors of the AVP Volcker Market Risk Control role:
- This role requires candidates with excellent communication skills as there is a wide range of stakeholders that this team deals with including front office, risk and PC
- High risk & fast changing environment – interrelated risks & increasing globalisation make Volckers vulnerable to changes elsewhere & in different segments / industries
- The jobholder has responsibility to ensure that Volcker collection risk is managed across the businesses in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Volcker Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards including the Regulatory environment
- Complexity of the business & structures make this a challenging & dynamic environment & role
As a successful AVP Volcker Market Risk Control professional you will have:
- Experience with regulatory maintenance with exposure to Volcker beneficial but not imperative.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships.
- Good knowledge of Market risk and/or Product Control.
- Knowledge of derivative products will be beneficial.
- Ability to obtain data from multiple sources, link and analyse the information, perform data integrity and completeness checks
- Proven ability to build ad hoc solutions and be a problem solver in the work place.
If you are interested in discussing this AVP Volcker Market Risk Control role further please speak to Harriet King on 02075098258 or email@example.com