Benchmark and Index Control Risk
Location City of London
Consultant Harriet King
Date posted 02 September 2016
1 AVP and 1 VP level role have become available in a brand new group in a leading investment bank based in London. This team is at the forefront of current banking regulation and an excellent opportunity to utilise a background in Market Risk or Finance in a cross asset methodology and controls position. The group is an independent second line control function for all benchmark-related controls bank-wide.
The team maintains an effective risk management framework comprising standards, policies, control execution and monitoring as well as analysis and reporting. The Benchmark and Index Control Risk role will involve strong interaction with the business divisions and other control functions.
In this Benchmark and Index Control Risk Daily you will have coverage across the following:
- Resetting risk monitoring and investigation of any threshold excesses within Front Office
- Index Administration Controls from a 2nd Line of Defence point of view
- Index Methodology reviews across all asset classes including back testing and market assessments
- Interest Rate and FX Benchmarks Submission methodology reviews required by EU, US and APAC regulators (e.g. LIBOR, TIBOR, etc)
- Ad-hoc research on a variety of topics covering indices and benchmarks (e.g. calibration, hypothesis testing etc)
You will have these attributes:
- A proven quantitative academic background
- Broad asset class / product knowledge, specialisation in Equity, Commodities or Multi-asset are most beneficial.
- Direct or indirect experience in Indices / Benchmarks space.
- Prior background in Consulting or Market data provider would be appreciated.
- Solid experience in using large data sets in Excel / Access (VBA, SQL)
- Familiar with Bloomberg or Reuters usage as data sources
- Interest in regulatory developments and reforms (EU Benchmark directive, LIBOR reform, UCITS, etc) and adaptation to changes in regulation, legislation and auditing standards
To find out more about the Benchmark and Index Control Risk job based in London contact Harriet King on email@example.com or call +44207509 8258.