Market Risk IT Business Analyst
Location City of London
Consultant Harriet King
Date posted 30 August 2016
An exciting new role is available in a leading Asia centric bank based in London City. The role is for a Market Risk IT Business Analyst to help in the role out of the new MIFID II program. This will also lead to the expansion of current risk platforms to meet regulatory objectives such as FRTB.
About the Market Risk IT Business Analyst role:
The role requires a seasoned IT Business Analyst with expertise in market risk and derivatives trading. This is a global team with high exposure to all areas of the business including front office, quant teams and risk management.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Understand the users requirements and translate into competent future state models, questioning and challenging assumptions and status quo
- Propose relevant solutions and alternatives to meet business needs
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders
- Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirements
- Ensure the overall quality of business requirements, functional specifications and other supporting documents meet the bank’s standards
- Ensure documents such as functional specs support the development of practical technology solutions and suitable test cases
- Provide on-going support to the technology teams as required e.g. reviewing of test cases, close out open issues/questions, manage change request process etc.
- Assist the business with UAT, including communication, planning, preparation and test case preparation
- Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to PMs and business stakeholders in a timely manner
You must have a strong IT skill set, with market risk knowledge and a proven track record in a change management role.
Outside of this you should have:
- Extensive derivatives knowledge across asset classes encompassing product knowledge, pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle
- Quantitative finance understanding, ability to liaise with quantitative analysts on pricing and risk topics
- Proven ability to work across business streams and have exposure to front to back system implementation
- Good understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, functional programming and architecture
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation
If you are interested in applying for this Market Risk IT Business Analyst role please speak to Harriet King on 02075098258 or via email on email@example.com.