Corporate Credit Analyst
Salary £45,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Patrycja Weidman
Date posted 26 September 20192019-09-26 2019-11-25 banking London London GB GBP 45000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Corporate Credit Analyst About Our Client My client is one of the largest Commercial Bank in the world with offices based in London and around Europe with a strong Investment Grade rating and solid balance Sheet with an expanding operation in UK. Their clients’ base is focused on FTSE 100 and FTSE 250, Investment Grade and Cross over client base.
- To act as the key credit partner to the UK Corporate Coverage business;
- The primary role of the Credit Analyst team is to produce and present high-quality analysis and recommendations on a portfolio of corporate clients. This is done within the context of managing existing relationships (i.e. annual reviews and ongoing monitoring) as well as working on new requests (i.e. new banking facilities or amendments to existing facilities);
- The key goal of the Credit Analyst team is to ensure that the bank is able to develop client relationships whilst managing credit risk and meeting regulatory requirements. They do this by working closely with the Relationship Managers and the Risk function of the bank;
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Applicants should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in producing and presenting credit analysis in a Commercial, Corporate or Investment Banking environment. Ideally the applicant will be experienced in analysing companies from a range of different sectors.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work under time pressure and show persistence in following up key matters.
- Educated to degree standard. Formal credit or accounting qualifications would be advantageous.
- Ideally exposure to large corporate clients
- Generalist corporate sector experience is required but no specialism needed.
- Strong technical credit analysis skills (including financial statements analysis, sector research, and financial modelling skills).
- Knowledge of banking products from a credit risk perspective, including: Plain vanilla commercial and corporate banking products (overdrafts, syndicated lending, term loans, cash management, guarantees and LC).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in written/spoken English- Mandarin would be an advantage but not essential
What's on Offer
This role is paying up to £55,000 base salary as part of a competitive overall compensation package.