Lead Credit Risk Analyst
Salary Excellent Benefits + Bonus
Consultant Simon Hockridge
Date posted 21 February 2019 2019-02-212019-04-22 financial-services Leeds West Yorkshire GB GBP 35000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Keen to source a Lead Credit Risk Analyst to assist in independently analysing, interpreting and modelling data from a variety of financial sources to provide analytical solutions to complex business problems.
The role of the Lead Risk Analyst is to independently analyse, interpret or model data from a variety of sources to provide analytical solutions to complex business problems. Able to clearly communicate progress and issues to stakeholders, and to formulate conclusions, communicate the impacts of your work.
- Develop, maintain and improve credit risk strategies to manage decisions throughout the credit lifecycle
- Provide analyses to manage credit portfolios against agreed performance indicators
- Work on a range of analytical projects with minimal guidance
- Delivering complex and, or basic objectives simultaneously, using own initiative, to the benefit of all relevant parties, whilst also taking on and delivering additional ad-hoc objectives as required.
- Taking a lead in briefings for team members, stakeholders on progress of work, sharing knowledge, successes and opportunities. Communicating confidently with junior team members, stakeholders and peers.
- Identifying solutions to emerging risk issues, changing priorities, project completion issues and areas of conflict.
- Challenging established policy and procedures, where appropriate and suggesting alternatives.
- Maintaining compliance with regulatory and documentary requirements
- Drawing, formulating and communicating conclusions from own work, recommending further actions where required.
Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of retail products, such as current accounts, credit cards, loans or mortgages.
Experience working in relevant environments, i.e. Credit, Risk Analytics.
Experience working in relevant market, context, i.e. Retail Banking.
Role relevant qualifications, i.e. educated to degree level in a numerate subject.
Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Risk Analytics.
Experience of using the following software packages, i.e. SAS, SQL, Microsoft Office. Experience of using the following is potentially desirable, Python, Matrix Laboratory (MATLAB), Cobra, Visual Basic.
A flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way.
Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same.
Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals.
Planned projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques.
Proven experience of successful project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery.
A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change.
Able to build effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same.