Credit Risk - Lead Analyst
Location West YorkshireFULL_TIME
Consultant Simon Hockridge
Date posted 08 February 2019 2019-02-082019-04-09 financial-services West Yorkshire West Yorkshire GB GBP 35000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Overview: The role of the Credit Risk - Lead Analyst is to independently analyse, interpret or model data from a variety of sources to provide analytical solutions to complex business problems. You will be expected to work to a plan and provide results in a timely and accurate manner. Able to clearly communicate progress and issues to senior stakeholdersas as well as formulate conclusions and communicate the impacts of your work. There are two opportunities which can be either aligned to model development or aligned to model management.
Model Development: Developing and improving Basel and BAU credit risk models for use in capital calculations and/or decision making throughout the credit lifecycle.
Model Management: Managing and maintaining Basel and BAU credit risk models by conducting regular model monitoring and reviews along with any necessary realignments, whilst clearly communicating the business impact of any changes, responding to regulatory / Group requests to supply data / model outputs and involvement in the Group data strategy for the bank, shaping and leading the future data requirements, data structures and platforms.
Both roles will require:
Compliance with regulations and Group Risk standards on model development, documentation and model monitoring.
Working on a range of analytical projects with minimal guidance.
Delivering complex and, or basic objectives simultaneously, using own initiative, whilst also taking on and delivering additional ad-hoc objectives as required.
Taking a lead in briefings for team members, stakeholders on progress of work, sharing knowledge, successes and opportunities.
Communicating confidently with junior team members, stakeholders and peers.
Identifying solutions to emerging risk issues, changing priorities, project completion issues and areas of conflict.
Challenging established policy and procedures, where appropriate and suggesting alternatives.
Drawing, formulating and communicating conclusions from own work, recommending further actions where required.
Mentoring and coaching junior members of the team.
Skills & Experience:
- Hands-on experience of the end-to-end development of Basel and/or BAU credit risk models in a banking / finance environment or experience of managing a range of BAU/Basel models.
- Knowledge of retail products, such as current accounts, credit cards, loans or mortgages.
- Experience working in relevant environments, i.e. Credit, Risk Analytics.
- Experience working in relevant market, context, i.e. Retail Banking.
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. SAS, SQL, Microsoft Office
- Experience of using the following is desirable, R, Python, Matrix Laboratory (MATLAB), Cobra, Visual Basic.
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Experience in leading projects and supporting junior members of the team to achieve shared goals.
- Planned project tasks and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Proven experience of successful project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery.
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change.