Real Estate and Structured Finance Credit Officer
Salary £75,000 - £90,000 per annum
Consultant Nasra hussen
Date posted 14 August 2018 2018-08-142018-10-13 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Credit Risk Management EMEA consists of around 20 London-based analysts who work in one of four areas: Financial Institutions, Sovereigns and related entities, Hedge Funds and Corporates. The department is responsible for analysing counterparties, assigning ratings, opining on trade structures and mitigating features, and analysing transactions. We work closely with colleagues in the front office, other areas of risk and in other regions.
The credit officer will have primary responsibility for covering:
- Real Estate: transactions include varied asset typesnband structures.
- Structured Lending: asset-backed corporate financing (receivables, leasing, assignment of contracts, portfolio of corporate/SME/consumer loans and equity in strategic M&A) and private finance to support corporate events (recaps, refi and capital optimization).
- Will have experience in both corporate and real estate areas. However, candidates with experience in only one of these areas, but eager to develop new skillsets are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Role sits in the EMEA Corporate Credit Team which is responsible for approving leveraged finance transactions, derivatives trades, structured credit and real estate financing transactions.
Primary responsibilities for this role would be:
- Working alongside the business team on European real estate and structured corporate loans origination
- Conduct full credit due diligence on new transactions including business review, financial analysis and review of cash flow modelling. Perform fundamental analysis, assessment of collateral and legal analysis
- Site and companies visits throughout Europe and direct interaction with clients
- Analyzing business proposals and terms. Evaluate transactions structure, covenants, pricing and propose mitigating features
- Assessment of legal documentation; typically focused on aspects such as security package, enforceability, representations and warranties.
- Preparing rating proposal
- Providing credit risk assessment and presenting deal summary, risk analysis and credit views to senior management / in credit committee for credit approval.
- Credit monitoring of an assigned portfolio, ensuring that credit risks arising from the businesses are properly reported and managed; actively coordinating / liaising with business, legal and finance teams for problem loan/security workout solutions.
Key objectives critical to success:
- Flexibility in being able to work on various transactions at the same time and to meet deadlines
- Manage workflow of junior resources
- Value added interface with business, clients and senior management
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- The candidate will be a credit analyst with knowledge of real estate financing and/or structured lending
- Financial/business qualification such as CFA/Master’s degree/MBA is an advantage
- Need to be able to form its own views, to influence decision making and be at ease in presenting to senior management and colleagues
- Fluency in 1/2 European languages would be highly desirable but not a prerequisite
Culture & Conduct
- Culture Carrier
- Drives diverse / inclusive work environmen
- Promotes, protects firm reputation & encourages others to do the same
- Addresses development areas
- Maximizes self and team strengths and manages weaknesses
Client-Centricity & Business Acumen
- Identifies opportunities to improve client service / offerings
- Encourages / integrates and makes sense of different or conflicting views in finding solutions
- Implements successful solutions to complex problems
Strategy & Innovation
- Sets and drives strategic plans for own business
- Takes accountability in driving clarity in ambiguity
- Seeks, recognizes and champions innovative ideas
- Makes decisions considering the interests of relevant stakeholders
- Acts quickly to change goals, plans and priorities in a complex environment
Leadership & Collaboration
- Actively attracts / retains high performing people
- Encourages sense of pride in team / dept / divisions achievements
- Collaborates across geographies
- Offers visible support when obstacles arise
- Champions development / mobility
- Manages to resolve conflict, gaining consensus where multiple positions conflict
Communication & Connectivity
- Successfully sequences and delivers key message
- Maintains open dialogue between team and management
- Gains support / acceptance of ideas at all levels
- Leverages networks to drive business
- Facilitates communication across businesses / regions
Execution & Delivery
- Takes accountability / sets a strong and positive work ethic
- Monitors and drives deliverables across teams / divisions
- Takes ownership of complex challenges / ensures resolution
- Adapts plans to changing circumstances
- Seeks out / listens to and adapts in response to multiple sources of feedback.