Salary £25,000 - £36,000 per annum + Benefits + 10% Bonus
Consultant Zak Buttery
Date posted 02 August 2018 2018-08-022018-10-01 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
As interest rate rise, and the housing market continues to fluctuate across the country, the need for sound decision making and providing expert advice is crucial in the success of this role. If you are looking to develop your skills and enhance your career prospects, this is an opportunity to join a leading team
The ideal candidate will have the following
- Experience with secured mortgage underwriting
- Previous underwriting experience and have held a lending mandate
- Proven track record in underwriting up to £500,000
- Ability to interpret self-employed accounts
- Understanding of the wider mortgage environment and awareness of key risks.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Adaptable, with excellent time management skills
Your role is to operate within a designated lending mandate, manually underwriting mortgage applications. You will need to make sure you keep up with changes and amendments to internal policies and procedures, and demonstrate an ability to identify and investigate potential fraud and financial crime.
Your role will involve supporting the team managers in carrying out quality checks, reviewing appeals and more complex lending scenarios and there will be an opportunity for career progression and become involved in projects impacting the wider team.
If your looking for a new career challenge, and want to be part of a growing team with a real prospect to enhance your career this is the role for you. Please apply with your latest CV below.