Credit Risk – Retail, Consumer and Construction
Salary £55,000 - £80,000 per annum + Competitive
Consultant Nasra hussen
Date posted 02 August 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting new opportunity has risen in a leading Corporate Bank based in London. This role has risen due to an expansion to the front office Credit Risk function which works across the global remit.
Our client is looking for a senior AVP/Junior VP to join its front office Credit Risk team. The ideal candidate will be focusing on the counterpart risk of Retail, Consumer and Construction portfolios, and they will be expected to be self-sufficient and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Maintain and develop portfolio of Corporate client credit connections, including Problem asset credits.
- Maintaining active focus on working with front office deal teams to ensure promise-keeping delivery to clients.
- Attend meetings with marketing officers, articulate CD risk perception and appetite for a transaction / counterparty in line with the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Conducting a comprehensive assessment of new lending proposals, annual reviews and waiver requests; ensuring that all risks are identified and make a judgement as to their acceptability in a timely fashion, followed by a suitable recommendation to the appropriate approval authority.
- Providing technical expertise to team members whilst ensuring alignment to the Group risk policies.