Senior Analyst, Unsecured Portfolio Management
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Nasra hussen
Date posted 22 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
To design and implement unsecured portfolio management strategies that will enable the business across the unsecured portfolio to control lending risk, deliver sustainable growth and meet customer needs.
- Design and deliver unsecured strategies and routine activities.
- Support growth activities and the delivery of new risk system functionality as part of TSB primary corporate objectives
- Responsible for providing analysis and insight into portfolio performance and its impact on Impairment and wider business performance.
- Identify and pursue opportunities that mitigate loss (e.g. line decrease) and support business growth (e.g. line increase).
- Generation of key management information to support business direction setting and ensure Risk Appetite objectives are met will be an important component.
- Use tools such as SAS, SQL and Excel at an advanced level to manipulate and interrogate data.
- Apply commercial acumen to interpret their results and produce actionable recommendations.
Key Performance Indicators
- Support achievement of relevant financial targets.
Building the Business
- Delivery of key outputs
- Evidence of process improvements.
- Evidence of customer and manager feedback
- Quality of analysis and support
- Personal impact.
- Evidence of risk mitigation and control
- Demonstrates understanding of control weaknesses in own area and implements effective plans to address
- All material events escalated in accordance with group policy.
- Evidence of colleague and/or self-development
- Encourages others to develop new ideas.
- Capability to complete insight analysis using tools such as SAS, SQL and excel.
- Strong problem solving skill to identify and resolve problems with limited support.
- Job holders will be expected to liaise effectively with colleagues within the team and across partnering business functions such as Product, Marketing, Finance and other risk functions
- Ability to work on their own initiative, identifying areas of focus and being agile to changing priorities.
- Good networking skills with the ability to build relationships and have an understanding of the broader business needs and issues.
- Expected to be able to multi-task between BAU and Migration related activities and assign prioritisation of own workload.
- Displays a good understanding of more sophisticated credit risk techniques and is able to apply these independently.
- Uses in-depth understanding of technical areas – and broader awareness of other areas, to prepare and analyse credit risk.
- Shows appropriate understanding of the different elements of the credit risk cycle in their work.
- Uses complex techniques in analysis and recommendations.
- Able to identify and deliver change to enhance current strategies / routine activities.