Investment Research Associate
Salary £70,000 - £100,000 per annum
Consultant William Smati
Date posted 25 September 20192019-09-25 2019-11-24 financial-services London London GB GBP 70000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Venture Capital company based in London. This specialist in growth Technology investments is looking for an Investment Research Associate to join their team on a permanent basis. Equity Analyst, Strategy, or Consulting experience are a must-have, alongside a clear passion for the Venture Capital industry as a whole.
• Conduct market research, analyse financial reports and dive into the competitive landscape; analyse investment opportunities and support investment team on investment due diligence
• Develop technical skills on Bloomberg and other market data service providers
• Develop relationships with equity analysts by working on research projects, analysing industry trends, and synthesising macro issues relevant to investment decisions
• Prepare and contribute to investment memos and quarterly strategy reviews
• Undergraduate degree from a top university and 2-3 years of experience as a market researcher, investment bank equities analyst or strategy consultant
• Demonstrates academic achievement, intellectual curiosity, sound judgment, attention to detail and analytical skills in areas of high complexity
• An ability to work autonomously and run in the right direction given a lot of rope.
• An interest in startups, entrepreneurship, investments and financial analysis; a passion for research
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivation, a proactive action-oriented approach and a strong work ethic.
• A good sense of humour and desire to get ‘stuck in’
• Competitive Salary
• Entrepreneurial atmosphere with exposure to venture capital
• Working closely with the senior investment team
• Company benefits (Medical, Gym etc.)
• Central London office in vibrant location