Equity Research Analyst
Salary £60,000 - £90,000 per annum
Consultant William Smati
Date posted 08 October 2018 2018-10-082018-12-07 financial-services UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Currently working with a London based international Investment Consultancy with assets under advice of approximately £40 billion. Looking to speak to Research Analysts with a particular focus on Equities that are considering a move - feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. Salary circa £60 - £95k base. The firm's client base are predominantly UK pension funds and other institutional investors.
The firm is unequivocally committed to serving the best interests of its clients and to providing intelligent, practical and bespoke investment solutions. Its mission is to assist institutional investors in discharging their fiduciary and professional duties and to enhance the long-term returns of their externally managed investments. At the heart of their investment philosophy is an unwavering belief in fundamental investment theory and in the ability of only the most talented stock pickers to consistently add value over the long term.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Generating and maintaining a short list of managers for UK and European Equity asset classes in line with the companies investment philosophy
- Scouting and researching investment managers on assigned asset classes, primarily by selectively networking with relevant counterparties and actively developing strategic industry contacts
- Drive the due diligence on identified managers and consistently apply and adhere to the firm’s manager research process
- Diligently document and record all aspects of the due diligence process according to the companies requirements, and deliver high quality packages for short listed managers within the assigned asset classes and within agreed timeframes
- Actively and efficiently liaise and direct with investment manager analysts on portfolio analytics and overall supporting research activities
- Proactively assist the Head of Manager Research with the on-going enhancement of the research process, its tools, procedures, and initiatives
- Gain full understanding of the companies investment philosophy and requirements in order to be in no doubt what particular hurdles a new investment manager has to overcome to make its way onto the short-list of preferred managers
- Explore any potential sources of new names in order to generate a steady stream of new names/leads
To apply for this role you will have experience in a similar manager research role and have excellent knowledge of the global universe of long-only managers within the assigned asset classes. An in-depth understanding of investment styles, their nuances and how they mix in a multi-manager package is critical for this role as is an excellent understanding and ‘forensic’ focus on fundamental portfolio characteristics, particularly within the context of UK and European markets. Advanced knowledge of Attribution Packages and Bloomberg is required.
A CFA qualification would be an advantage
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more please apply here or email me at email@example.com