Technical Pension Specialist
Salary £80000 - £100000 per annum
Consultant Max Johnson
Date posted 02 September 2016
A leading market regulatory in London are looking for a technical pension specialist to join a team that faces off directly to the board on market pension conditions and the risks associated with this. You will lead projects, manage stakeholder relationships and work alongside some of the industries leading analysts in what is a brand new role in the most actively changing landscape affecting everyone in the UK and, therefore a key requirement within financial services.
Key responsibilities of the technical pension specialist:
- Lead and project manage the overall guidelines for pensions and retirement income and ensure your output drives, and answers, the relevant questions for the sector
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder engagement and management strategy
- Work alongside sector-specialists, specialist analysts and other relevant stakeholders to deliver high quality analysis on the sector
- Collaborating and influencing across all areas to develop a comprehensive view of the pensions and retirement income sector
- Responsible for applying expert knowledge, supported by robust data/information to ensure that prioritisation and risk management decisions are well informed
- Providing sector expertise to ensure that the outputs of the Division are credible and of sufficient quality to be used to inform decision making at senior management level
- Contributing to intelligence-gathering and analytics strategy
- Identifying gaps/limitations in data and knowledge; working with other teams/departments to source and acquire new or improved data and information to support robust analysis
- Keeping up to date with relevant industry developments and keeping track of new data/news/intelligence relevant to the sector
Core competencies required:
- A breadth and depth of experience of working in the pensions and retirement income sector, key products and the roles played by various different institutions in the relevant sub-sectors
- Evidence of being able to demonstrate strong industry knowledge across a number of areas (e.g. firm, sector, product or function)
- Evidence of significant stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Apply strong analytical skills; ability to analyse and prioritise large amounts of information, identify and present key themes and risks; and propose a range of possible solutions
- Ability to question the value of data sets, highlighting their limitations
- Experience of scoping and managing complex projects and risks
You will be the lead technical pension specialist and the go to person for all requirements within the remit. If you have a passion for pensions and a need to communicate this to some of London’s leading decision makers, then this is the role for you.
If you are interested in the role please contact me on +44 (0)2075098968 or apply directly to the role online.