Agile Project Manager
Salary Banking Package
Consultant James Murray
Date posted 24 February 2017
Working for a global investment bank in the London central technology function. This role is to provide management for a number of critical inflight and scheduled projects predominantly related to regulatory change.
About the Agile Project Manager Role
- Working closely with London based IT leads in documenting project requirements, constructing delivery milestones and providing regular updates to stakeholders as to delivery status
- Managing and driving high-profile projects (CCAR/SRP/BCBS239), both in-flight and scheduled, which require regular and structured communication between technology and business teams situated in London and New York
- Liaising with Compliance, Governance & Internal Audit teams to ensure relevant controls are standards are being adequately met
- Managing the ongoing embedding of Agile delivery techniques within the transformation team
Key responsibilities will include
Supporting delivery of the strategy/vision and the translation of that into a holistic delivery plan.
- Supporting delivery of the execution of that plan to completion
- Partnering with key senior stakeholders to ensure delivery scope and timelines are clearly understood
- Managing day to day activities and ensure delivery accountability is in place across the whole project.
- Liaising with the PMO team to support initiative as necessary; creation and maintenance of detailed project plans covering all deliverables (process, people, IT, control) and dependencies
- Managing of risk; remove / reduce barriers towards realising goals, ensuring mitigating actions are in place & managed
- Document business logic applied in new technology infrastructure to ensure full transparency across the team
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations, reporting requirements and change control standards
- Regularly communicate status updates to the business to keep them informed of progress and what’s going on
- Create and deliver communication materials for multiple levels of stakeholders
- Lead key project meetings, including working groups
- Manage stakeholder relationships between the demand (business) and suppliers (IT) around the understanding of requirements and the constraints and limitations of solutions
- Solid communication skills with ability to liaise with business and IT stakeholders at all levels of the organisation up to Executive level
- Experience of the software development lifecycle, the roles and responsibilities on large projects and the motivations of the actors involved
- Understanding of project methodologies and their application within the organisation's project methodology
- Exposure to working in medium to large scale change initiatives
- Experience of preparing and issuing a range of key project management deliverables
- Some awareness of domain activities
- Experience of communicating with a wide array of people and some experience of stakeholder management
If interested please call James Murray 0207 509 3333.