Credit Product Controller
Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Lisa Farrow
Date posted 29 October 2018 2018-10-292018-12-28 banking UK
An investment bank with an excellent reputation in London, is searching for a preferably experienced Credit or Rates Product Controller to join their Product Control team on a permanent basis.
The role holder will be responsible for covering the Control and Analytics (C&A) function for the FICC Credit Business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding of the product flows, trade bookings and accounting treatments
- Daily interaction with Front Office in agreeing that reporting profit and loss and decomposition is in line with expectations, reviewing estimate to actual analysis performed by the Production team
- Ensuring the profit and loss decomposition attribution is understood and makes sense
- Ad-hoc analysis required by Front Office and senior management including detailed analysis on profit and loss, balance sheet analysis , and other financial analysis
- Provide daily and periodic risk based profit and loss commentary
- Provision of Balance Sheet commentary including trend analysis and intergroup break resolution
The ideal candidate will have credit or rates product control experience, gained within a banking/trading environment.
Key skills required:
- Preferably recognised accounting qualified
- Knowledge of a variety of Capital Markets products (cash and derivatives) covering credit and interest rate risk
- Solid awareness of management and HO accounting processes and financial, statutory and regulatory reporting issues
- Great numerical skills with the ability to problem solve in a logical manner
- Excellent communication skills, especially with front office members
If interested please apply online or email your most up to date CV to email@example.com