Commodities Product Controller
Salary £45000 - £52000 per annum + Competitive
Consultant Charlie Paddock
Date posted 01 February 2017
A leading Global Commodities Trading firm is seeking a Product Controller to join their Finance team in the London office. The Product Control Department is responsible for the validation and publication of a Trading Profit and loss for every trading desk on a daily basis. This will include agreement with the trading desk and a written explanation of the P&L movement. In addition a consolidated P&L is produced and distributed to Management including the monitoring of stop loss limits.
You will work within the Power team responsible for a group of books.
- A background in middle office/product control/risk management within energy trading/investment banking
- Experience of profit & loss analysis and accounting
- Knowledge of commodities is desirable
- Knowledge of derivatives, including futures, options and swaps would be desirable
- Degree level qualifications essential, BSc highly desirable or equivalent experience
- Accounting Qualification (or Part Qualified) desirable or equivalent experience
Other responsibilities of the Department include:
- Curve Validation to external sources
- Monitor Futures reconciliations
- Monitor Inter-company Balances
- Various month end reports and reconciliations for Financial Control and Treasury
- Prepare Daily summary of price moves
- Strong Excel skills essential
- High level numerical skills essential
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising the quality of deliverables
If you wish to apply for this role please send your CV to Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call to discuss further on 02075098333.