Client Implementation/ Onboarding Analyst
Salary £250 - £280 per day
Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 29 November 20192019-11-29 2019-12-29 banking London London GB GBP 250 280 280 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Implementation / Onboarding Analyst: - Investment Management/ Fund Experience - Experience onboarding Instituitional Clients - Degree educated - Minimum 2 years experience onboarding - Understanding of Bonds, Equities, FX, Futures, OTC Derivatives, Pooled / Mutual Funds
Client Onboarding & Implementation Analyst
Promoting a Culture of Excellence
We believe that our people are our greatest asset: highly skilled, engaged and productive teams are essential to our success. We also want to help you to build a fulfilling career, aiming to be the employer of choice by offering great compensation, development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse background of people, ideas and skills. We are committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us.
A global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.4 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our focused, precise investment process and global approach, offering access to every major asset class and style, including low-cost index funds, target date strategies, and tailored multi-asset solutions. We wish to help clients and the millions of ordinary people who depend upon them to achieve financial security and confidence. To get this right, we are passionate about thoroughly understanding the specific needs of those we serve. We then apply our experience and intellectual rigour across a broad toolkit to develop and run thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success. We employ more than 2,200 people globally in 17 countries; have nine investment centres across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and have live, 24-hour trading desks in Boston, London and Hong Kong.
The UK institutional marketplace is of vital strategic importance to us and our London office is the headquarters of our Europe, Middle East and Africa business. In this role you will work within an exciting, high-functioning, dynamic, and fast strengthening team environment.
Client Onboarding and Implementation Analyst
Reporting to: Manager of European New Business
High calibre graduate with a good working knowledge of financial products and a focus on exceptional client experience sought for a position within one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers. We are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
As a Client On-boarding & Implementation Analyst you will be responsible for the planning, coordination and efficient implementation of new business and change events. As the key contact point for both internal and external clients, you will take ownership of events and be expected to understand them to a high level of detail to ensure successful implementation.
Daily functions would include but not be limited to:
- Plan and manage the end to end process for on-boarding clients, change events and terminations. This may include new portfolio setups, changes to investment strategy or location, changes to benchmarks and changes to custody
- Project-manage client onboarding events including complex portfolio structures across the asset classes.
- Providing advice and consulting with all participant parties on all aspects of account openings and client change events.
- Update and completion of event checklists and information packs for each event, ensuring adherence to procedures, to facilitate risk free event support.
- Work closely with the Contracting and KYC/AML teams to ensure timely completion of legal administration within planned timeframes.
- You will ensure accurate static data set up on internal systems; maintain client and portfolio reference data.
- Extensive liaison with custodians, trading counterparties, transfer agencies and other external parties to ensure smooth event implementation.
- Coordinate transaction processing including in-kind trade booking and resolution of exceptions.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners.
- You will chair meetings with internal teams both, in preparation for, during, and post event.
- Provide timely and accurate query investigation and resolution.
- Continuous focus on risk excellence and risk mitigation.
- Participate in projects as assigned.
You will interact with clients, consultants, counterparts, custodians, fund administrators, investment and transition managers and other third party providers external to us. Internally, key interactions will be with product strategists, relationship managers, portfolio managers and functional teams such as compliance, risk, legal investment support, trade support, and reconciliations.
You are forward thinking and look to improve the current processes and procedures. Analysts are expected to be able to work independently and as part of a team, to follow issues and responsibilities through to resolution, to meet deadlines, and to perform well in a high pressure environment.
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Investment Operations Certificate (formerly IAQ) considered an advantage.
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager.
- You will have experience in a client onboarding or transitions role.
- You will have experience working with clients in multiple European and Middle Eastern jurisdictions.
- Product experience desirable: Bonds, Equities, FX, Futures, OTC Derivatives, Pooled / Mutual Funds.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You are willing to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in delivery focused environment.
- You are able to build positive relationships with both internally and externally
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an excellent grasp of the importance of client service.
- You understand investment markets and settlement.
- An appreciation of stamp duty markets, financial transaction taxes and collection of them in relation to in specie activities is desirable.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.