SIPP Technical Specialist - Leeds or Manchester
Salary £60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Location North West EnglandFULL_TIME
Consultant Richard Ryan
Date posted 21 October 20192019-10-21 2019-12-20 financial-services Manchester GB GBP 60000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading wealth management company is currently seeking a SIPP Technical Specialist to join its operations. Based in either Leeds or Manchester, the purpose of the role will be to ensure application of pension rules and regulations on the company SIPP offering whilst reviewing all procedures, controls and working practices.
Key duties include:
- Be the company-wide subject matter expert on pensions and drawdown
- Joint oversight of all SIPP operational processes with both the Pensions and Compliance Manager
- Analysis and impact assessment relating to all pension changes in regulations/legislation
- Key escalation point for technical pension queries
- Liaising with HMRC
- Working with the proposition team to shape the company offering and ensuring a competitive edge
- Maintain a solid understanding of industry best practises and innovations, to be able to translate these into improvements within the operational teams.
- Supporting the Pensions Manager in introducing changes to both procedures and working practices to mitigate risk
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven background in the pensions industry, particularly SIPP, from a technical perspective
- Knowledge of HMRC processes, reporting and income tax
- Knowledge of the Financial Services environment and regulatory landscape
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Benefit Crystallisation Events and Lifetime allowance calculations
- Ideally experience in process improvement
- Understanding of working in a platform-based environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation with excellent long term career prospects. Please reply with an updated copy of your CV as applications for this role will close shortly.