Salary £25,000 - £32,000 per annum
Consultant Kayte Short
Date posted 03 September 20192019-09-03 2019-11-02 financial-services Wolverhampton West Midlands GB GBP 25000 32000 32000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent opporutnity is available for a Mortgage Underwriter in the long term lending department of a leading specialist mortgage bank based on the outskirts of Wolverhampton City Centre.
Reporting to the Underwriting Team Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the timely processing of all new mortgage applications for Precise Mortgages as per lending policy and file requirements. As a more experienced individual you will also be responsible for providing support and development to Mortgage Underwriters and your Long Term Lending colleagues.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for mortgage applications to deliver high quality lending decisions personally and deliver a great experience to brokers and customers.
- To be an underwriting expert within the team
- Ensure that all complaints are handled in accordance with the Complaints Handling Procedures
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the FCA and its operating principles including Treating Customers Fairly and Conduct Risk.
- Must have previous mortgage underwriting experience and held a lending mandate
- Experience of mentoring and developing less experienced team members if required
- Detailed understanding of the mortgage process from application to completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of the general principles of the law relating to mortgages; compliance, risk management and detailed understanding of the mortgage process from application to completion
- Strong analytical skills that aid effective decision making and good problem solving skills
- An ability to negotiate and liaise with brokers to ensure the correct level of risk/quality of application
- Previous experience of involvement in managing change
- Positive, resilient, confident and ability to engage and form strong relationships with both team members and key stakeholders
This is an excellent opportunity in The Midlands region. Please apply now or for further information contact Kayte Short at Kayte.firstname.lastname@example.org