Junior Fund Accounting
Salary £200 - £300 per day
Consultant Emma Zerle
Date posted 03 September 20192019-09-03 2019-10-03 banking London London GB GBP 200 300 300 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is an exciting opportunity with an Asset Manager to join as a junior Fund Accountant. Previous experience in a Fund Accounting or working with NAVs is required. Please note, role is based in London.
This is a contractor role that will give an ambitious individual the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment that affords excellent opportunities to learn about asset management operations, credit markets and alternative fund structures . The role requires an organised, highly motivated, focused individual that welcomes the opportunity to learn and embrace new challenges.
Suitable candidates will likely be those who have recently established a career in banking and have grasped the key fundamentals of banking or asset management operations.
The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of accounting principles. Some experience of fund accounting and NAV preparation/ review is desireable.
- Daily reconciliation of cash versus custodians
- Validation of cash balances used for allocation purposes.
- Collateral Management – dealing with margin calls and associated queries.
- Active management of custody cash balances to optimise cash returns/minimise costs.
- Monitoring of Fund Investment restrictions.
- Review of static data on Loan, Bond and Equity holdings.
- Periodic position and accrual reconciliation versus custodians/administrators.
- Assisting with Shadow Accounting and NAV calculation
- Assisting with FX Risk Management
- Ad hoc requests related to ongoing projects
- Excellent academic record (to a minimum of honours under-graduate level, ideally in a business or finance discipline). Post-graduate studies or progression made with professional qualifications is/are desirable.
- Demonstrably numerate with good working knowledge of Excel
- Individual should enjoy working as part of a team and must be highly organised, motivated and hard-working.
- A motivation to develop a long-term career in banking/asset management is essential.