Operations Manager - Group ALM
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Kayte Short
Date posted 06 August 20192019-08-06 2019-10-05 financial-services Gloucester Gloucestershire GB GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent opportunity is available with a most respected retail bank based in Gloucester, who are seeking an Operations Manager to join the ALM Customer behaviours team who play an essential role in identifying and understanding market and liquidity risks inherent within the bank and ensure these are recognised in funds transfer pricing and customer pricing decisions.
• Fully participate in a high performing team to deliver business objectives.
• Partner with the businesses to understand drivers of customer behaviour and how this impacts upon market and liquidity risk.
• Prepare effective committee papers, communicating complex issues in an understandable and engaging fashion.
• Attend and present at Asset & Liability Committees, providing insight and clarity.
• Provide advice to the businesses in relation to product development so that market and funding risks are recognised, understood and priced correctly.
• Support the development of dynamic modelling in the context of the external environment to aid the business in understanding risks and opportunities to financial plans.
• Support the development of a data strategy to enable effective understanding of customer behaviours.
• Play a key role in the annual review of Liquidity Transfer Pricing behavioural lives assumptions.
• Play a key role in the annual compliance review of Liquidity and Market Risk policy ensuring risks are identified and actions in place to mitigate.
• Play a key role in the annual review of the customer behavioural assumptions used within the Group's liquidity stress testing.
• Build and maintain a strong internal stakeholder network to optimise business results.
• Attend key business meetings and deputise for the Senior Manager as required.
• Experience of working in a banking / financial services environment
• Good understanding a treasury banking activities, ideally with an emphasis on market risk
• Commercial awareness of banking products
• Analytical skills, sound judgement and ability to translate outcomes into a simple story
• Excellent partner management with effective oral and written communication skills
• Self starter with ability to plan and prioritise activities
• A passion to learn and develop oneself
This is an excellent opportunity to develop and progress with a leading financial institution. Please apply now or for further information contact Kayte Short at email@example.com