Senior Reconciliations Manager (CASS oversight) - Manchester
Salary £42,000 - £58,000 per annum
Consultant Richard Ryan
Date posted 26 July 20192019-07-30 2019-09-24 banking Manchester Greater Manchester GB M3 3HF GBP 42000 58000 58000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading investment banking organisation is currently seeking a Senior Reconciliations Manager to join its operations in Manchester. Reporting into the Head of Operations, the purpose of the role is to lead and manage a team responsible for small-scale projects that includes daily reconciliations and identifying system issues.
Key duties include:
- Supports the development of procedures and processes for the Reconciliation function within the business unit.
- Resolves complex or serious issues escalated by the team.
- Supports the implementation of new system enhancements. Participates in the development of new enhancements and initiatives.
- Leverages a complete understanding of tools to identify complex breaks. Synthesizes and analyses team reporting of daily, weekly and monthly suspense and depository reconciliations. Leads regulatory reporting for medium to large sized team.
- Partners with supervisors and managers of other groups in the firm to assess issues and strategize improvements.
- Supports the implementation of new technology solutions or improvements for new and existing business needs. Monitors and reviews feedback to ensure new solutions are meeting business needs.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximising their individual contributions, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Background as an Operations Manager in either an investment bank or wealth management organisation
- Ideally led and managed a team performing reconciliations/cash processing
- Regulatory knowledge of CASS
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading bank in the market with excellent long term career prospects. Please reply with an updated copy of your CV as applications for this role will close shortly.