Investment Banking Team Leader- Manchester
Salary £36,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Richard Ryan
Date posted 10 July 20192019-07-10 2019-09-08 banking Manchester Greater Manchester GB M3 3HF GBP 36000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading investment banking organisation is currently seeking a Team Leader to join its operations in Manchester with responsiblity for leading a small operational team. As well as leading the team, you will have ownership of the full product lifecycle, resolving queries whilst mitigating risk within set deadlines.
Key duties include:
- Manage and lead the team to process the daily workload and deputise for the Senior Manager
- Ensure all executed trades and positions are matched with all cash movements reconciled
- Lead on the delivery of key work either within BAU flows or as part of a project, change programme or risk and control agenda
- Rapidly gain a detailed understanding of the front-to-back trade flows across various exchanges and internal systems to completely understand the processes and related activities across the department.
- Investigate issues swiftly and diligently, taking immediate action and liaising with internal stakeholders to conduct root cause analysis as part of continuous process improvement
- Meet tight deadlines whilst escalating issues where necessary and mitigating risk
The successful candidate will have:
- Background leading a small team within investment operations
- Proven track record taking ownership of projects
- Excellent communication, numerical, analytical, problem solving and stakeholder management skills
- Exposure to a client facing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high standards and attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills and proficiency across the full suite of Microsoft Office applications - experience with VBA would be an advantage but not essential.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing business and departmental priorities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing team with excellent long term career prospects. Please reply with an updated copy of your CV as applications for this role will close shortly.