Business Analyst Compliance Transformation
Salary £40,000 - £48,000 per annum
Consultant Emma Zerle
Date posted 09 July 20192019-07-09 2019-09-07 banking London London GB GBP 40000 48000 48000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global Investment Bank as a Business Analyst within Compliance Transformation. The role is to support their data ingestion component, therefore experience in data ingestion, data mapping and data timelines is necessary. Any previous experience working on a Compliance project would be beneficial. Please note, the role is based in London.
- The role holder will be responsible for the identification, acquisition and analysis of data used by the Financial Crime Thread Mitigation (FCTM) unit to assess and analyse financial crime and reputational risk for all of the Bank’s clients.
- This will require close and productive working relationships with the IT development team and FCTM analysts, and skilled relationship management with both internal system owners and external data vendors. The role holder will form part of the Compliance Transformation delivery team who is responsible delivery change initiatives across Global Banking and Markets
- Identifying and driving data enhancements to the FCTM Data Platforms estate to drive greater global operational effectiveness and increase the return on investment
- Exploring existing data structures to identify quality issues, duplicate data and datasets that can be joined together to provide an enhanced intelligence picture. We do not expect neat matches between data sets so understanding, prototyping and testing data matching hypotheses is key to this work. In many cases it will be necessary to reverse-engineer the data to deduce its structure and interpret it correctly.
- Developing and maintaining strong and productive relationships with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders
- Using the technical and business knowledge to formulate actionable solutions to problems or identify new opportunities to enhance the system
- Working in a new and developing department and using technology without precedence in the wholesale banking environment
- Rapidly developing an accurate understanding of highly complex tool intelligence analytics tools, including multiple data feeds, network analysis logic and algorithmic scoring models
- Developing a large body of contextual knowledge on wholesale banking sectors and the specific financial crime risks associated with them
- Good organisational skills ideally with project management experience
- Proven ability to develop subject matter expertise in complex areas
- Strong relationship management and persuading and influencing skills
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and autonomous
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resourceful, creative and inquisitive approach to highly complex tasks
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong team player with leadership potential
- Robust, accountable and independent
- Strong understanding of data types and fluency in SQL is essential
- Experience with data transformation
- Experience with Big Data technologies – Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Experience with database performance, tuning and optimisation.
- Experience / knowledge of financial crime and reputational risk
- (Desirable) Programming / scripting experience with Python
- (Desirable) Experience with cloud technology & environments (GCP, AWS)