Drafting and Confirmations Analyst
Salary £220 - £250 per day
Consultant Emma Zerle
Date posted 09 July 20192019-07-09 2019-08-08 banking London London GB GBP 220 250 250 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is an exciting opportunity to join a tier one Investment Bank within Drafting. Previous experience in a drafting and confirmations role with OTC Derivative product knowledge is required. Please note, role is based in London.
The Drafting team looks after the production of documentation for Fixed Income and FX Derivative trades for EU, ensuring accurate trade representation to match internal risk bookings. The FID and FX teams are small groups of experienced drafting SME’s covering the confirmation drafting process of cash, exotic option and swap transactions done from London. The team has a high focus of accurate and timely confirmation issuance in line with the CFTC and EMIR confirmations requirements. In addition, the team run various initiatives to standardize and streamline internal confirmations processes to increase accuracy, efficiency and reduce cost per trade.
• Prepare timely and accurate trade confirmations for OTC derivative products traded in London
• Work across various regions and departments to ensure timely resolution of drafting related queries.
• Provide additional support through drafting of Master Confirmation Agreements and Restricted Delivery Side Letters for the firm’s client base.
• Coordinate trade assignments internally and externally for the firm’s client base
• Responsibility for performance of various functions within the team as allocated
• Identify risk issues, escalate where appropriate & provide assistance in resolving
• Organise own day to day tasks per functional procedures to ensure all priority tasks are completed to deadline specifically using the appropriate systems/tools
• Review weekly figures against designated metrics and provide status to Supervisor/Manager on reportable items where required
• Actively ensure upward, downward & peer communication of developments and issues
• Deal with regular queries from internal and external clients
• Communicate with immediate team members on day to day issues, business process improvements, ideas and results
• Strong OTC derivatives product knowledge
• Experience in OTC confirmations process (FX or FID derivatives related experience is advantage)
• Accuracy, attention to detail
• Solid organisation and communication skills
• Ability to work well within a team on a regional as well as global level Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, and/or other relevant applications