Risk & Control Operations Analyst
Salary £300 - £400 per day
Consultant Emma Zerle
Date posted 14 June 20192019-06-14 2019-07-14 banking London London GB GBP 300 400 400 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global firm within Operations in a Risk and Controls role. Previous experience in a Risk and Controls role as well as management reporting experience is required. Please note, role is based in London.
The Risk and Control Management Reporting Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day functioning and performance of Risk and Control team functions in London. The main focus of this role relates to management reporting functions. The purpose of Operations Control is to define and maintain a framework for the Operations department which ensures that risks and control deficiencies are continuously identified, assessed, mitigated and remediated in a timely and transparent manner in line with the Bank’s risk and control framework.
Operations Control aspects:
- defining and implementing processes to identify and manage risks within the Operations department including operational risks, regulatory risks, conduct risks, cyber security risks and financial crime risks (including, but not limited to, risks associated with money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, sanctions breaches and fraud);
- implementing processes which successfully detect control failures within or relating to the Operations department;
- performing and acting on root cause analysis;
- performing spot checks and reviews to ensure the Operations department’s control framework is reliable and robust;
- driving a forward-looking and proactive quality assurance programme;
- providing meaningful risk and control reporting for the Co-Head of Operations;
- providing oversight of any remedial work programmes in the Operations department, particularly those designed to remediate regulatory risks;
- ensuring that the Operations department has adequate written policies and procedures/working instructions in place with appropriate governance over those documents;
- taking ownership for the timely remediation of findings raised by the Bank’s second line of defence and third line of defence functions, and working with Operations teams to ensure that issues are appropriately resolved to prevent reoccurrence;
- working in partnership with enabling functions in the Bank to ensure that controls are adequately identified using the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (“RCSA”) process and monitored appropriately via the Key Control Indicators (“KCI”) process;
- providing oversight of the Operations department’s business continuity plans, as well as the testing approach and risk assessment outcomes from this process;
- Providing support and oversight of functional teams to ensure that change is effectively embedded in the Operations department; and delivering risk and control training to Operations staff.
- Assisting in the design of management reporting processes
- Executing management reporting processes in line with agreed procedures
- Escalating promptly new risks to the Risk and Control Manager.
- Performing and acting on robust root cause analysis of incidents.
- Delivering a forward-looking and proactive quality assurance programme.
- Ensuring that the Operations department has adequate written policies and procedures/working instructions in place with appropriate governance over those documents.
- Taking ownership for the timely remediation of findings raised by the Bank’s second line of defence and third line of defence functions and working with Operations teams to ensure that issues are appropriately resolved to prevent reoccurrence.
- Working in partnership with enabling functions in the Bank to ensure that controls are adequately identified using the RCSA process and monitored appropriately via the KCI process.
- Reporting promptly any significant performance, service or risk incidents
Leadership and management
- Leading and managing Risk and Control initiatives under the direction of the Risk and Control Manager.
- Demonstrating commitment and attention to delivering an excellent service from the Operations department.
- Ensuring that the service provided is delivered to an excellent standard.
- Working collaboratively and effectively with other Operations teams in all global locations to enable excellent service to be delivered by the Risk and Control department to internal and external clients.
- Ensuring that you work collaboratively with other departments in the Bank, particularly when providing information, contributing to Bank-wide initiatives/projects, and reporting information to management.
- Contributing to the Operations department’s input into the Bank-wide New Products Process.
Processes and procedures
- Operating within the defined processes and procedures and ensuring that these remain up to date.
- Taking proactive steps to optimise processes within Risk and Control on a continuous basis – in particular in relation to management reporting processes
- Providing support and oversight of Operations teams to ensure that change is effectively embedded in the Operations department.
Skills and knowledge
- Demonstrate continuous development in knowledge and skills relevant to this role (with line manager support where appropriate).
- Staying abreast of industry matters affecting, or potentially affecting, the work performed by Risk and Control including evolving standards or new working practices.