Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 13 June 20192019-06-13 2019-08-12 financial-services London London GB GBP 30000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Collateral Analyst: - OTC Derivatives - Collateral Management - Trade Lifecycle knowledge - Degree not necessary but a bonus
The Collateral Management and Client Valuations Department is responsible for providing support for counterparty credit exposure through margining, whilst also providing value added services to our clients through the production of client valuations statements for over the counter activity. We seek an Analyst for the Client Facing team. The Client Facing team is responsible for direct interaction with clients in regard to the issuance, receipt and settlement of all margin related activity for OTC derivatives, fixed income repo and CCP Initial Margin, as well providing a high level of client service. The candidate will work within a team of 20, and ideally would have experience of collateral management, or within fixed income securities or derivatives.
This position offers excellent scope to work within a progressive client facing team.
Impact on the Business
- Manage counterparty risk exposure of HSBC and provide valuation support to Clients on a daily basis.
- Expedite resolution of all disputes with counterparts, investigating MTM differences in an efficient manner.
- Escalate all disputes & default situations through the appropriate reporting lines.
- Understand & demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules & regulations which apply to the Team.
- Ensure procedures are maintained and appropriate controls are followed to eliminate operational and counterparty credit risk.
- Develop key relationships with other support functions as well as Front Office teams across HSBC.
- Ensure Global best practice is achieved and maintained where practical by coordinating with functional teams in NY, Paris, Hong Kong, Manila and Kuala Lumpur.
- An excellent level of service is given to clients (both internal and external). This is measured through good ratings on client scorecards and positive feedback of the Client Facing Team.
- The profile of HSBC is enhanced through high level of Client Service.
- Positive feedback by other Client Facing regional teams.
Communicate effectively with all internal & external customers/stakeholders to ensure good relationships are built. Positive feedback is received as a result
To manage client expectations effectively and deliver improvements of service
Client satisfaction and feedback on delivered changes.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Front Office departments
- Product Control
- Operations (Rates, FX, FX Options, Equities & Credit)
- Collateral Management & Valuations Client Facing Teams Globally
- The Collateral Management Client Facing Team is at the frontline of ensuring the perception of the group is positive.
- One of the challenges is to ensure the client perception of HSBC as a whole and specifically relating to Collateral & Valuations is a good one. As client expectations change we need to adapt with this.
- A further challenge is to proactively suggest improvements that will increase the level of service we offer to our clients.
- They need to perform the function in a controlled, structured and organized manner, with good communication to management
- The working environment can be highly pressurized at times which will require a cool head and an ability to think clearly and logically. The candidate will need to work efficiently to prioritise their work.
- The candidate will be expected to be a strong communicator. They will need to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders, with these ranging from Clients, Front Office Desks, the Controls Team, Business Management Team, along with other departments.
- The candidate would ideally have direct experience in Collateral Management, specifically related to OTC derivative products, Fixed Income Repo or Clearing.
- Excellent client service skills in areas mentioned.
- Experience in Algo’s collateral System is a distinct advantage
- Understanding of ISDA CSA or GMRA and other margin related documentation.
- Knowledge of OTC derivative products and valuations of such.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Good PC skills, specifically Excel / Access
The Client Facing team is responsible for direct interaction with clients in regard to the issuance, receipt and settlement of all margin related activity for OTC derivatives, Repo and FX Prime Brokerage, as well as the issuance and client servicing associated with valuations on OTC derivative, FX and bond transactions. In addition the team manages the optimization of Initial Margin with CCPs