Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 03 June 20192019-06-03 2019-08-02 financial-services London GB GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
* In depth knowledge of and experience in UK Annex IV reporting * Fund accounting or fund administration experience (Ability to read and understand NAV packs, holdings reports, trade files, collateral/margin statements) (essential) * Knowledge of risk metrics (what funds calculate certain metrics, methodologies, what is mandatory etc) (essential) * Knowledge and experience of European Annex IV reporting (to Luxembourg, Ireland, Nordics, etc.) (essential)
- In depth knowledge of and experience in UK Annex IV reporting (essential)
- Fund accounting or fund administration experience (Ability to read and understand NAV packs, holdings reports, trade files, collateral/margin statements) (essential)
- Knowledge of risk metrics (what funds calculate certain metrics, methodologies, what is mandatory etc) (essential)
- Knowledge and experience of European Annex IV reporting (filing process to Luxembourg, Ireland, Finland, Sweden, Belgium) (essential)
- Knowledge and experience of US regulatory reporting (Form PF, CPO-PQR) (highly desirable, not mandatory)
- Knowledge and experience of COREP reporting (highly desirable, not mandatory)
- Knowledge and experience of GABRIEL financial reporting (highly desirable, not mandatory)
- Understanding the AIFMD regulation, as this person gets lots of questions from clients regarding reporting obligations/frequencies
- Take personal responsibility for achieving the agreed billable hours target, ensuring you have a sufficient pipeline of client work.
- Provide high quality advice and support to clients on all fund reporting matters. You may also be required to assist with other regulatory compliance matters, which may include:
- conducting regulatory reviews
- delivering training sessions and workshops for compliance staff and senior management
- assisting with authorisations
- drafting policies and procedures
- responding to ad-hoc and routine regulatory queries.
- Act as the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients, including:
- responding to all queries, managing client expectations and delegating work, where necessary
- reviewing the work of colleagues and providing constructive feedback
- ensuring accurate invoicing, timely payment and assisting the Finance team in resolving any queries
- dealing with any complaints quickly and effectively.
- Actively partner with global sector teams to support and deliver on shared projects and responsibilities, where required.
- Adhere to the firm’s Quality Assurance Framework prior to submission to the client.
- Accurately record all client time in the CRM system.
- Ensure all client files are in good order and details of relevant contacts are updated in the CRM system.
- Take personal responsibility for achieving the agreed sales credit target.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with clients, trade bodies and the regulator(s).
- Actively seek to increase company pipeline by targeting new clients, as well as leveraging existing client relationships to maximise opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling.
- Prepare well-presented, accurately priced proposals and present these to prospective clients.
- Represent the firm at industry events, promoting the company brand.
- Participate in internal events and training sessions, such as client briefings and roundtable events.
- Assist the team with marketing and business development activities.
- Record all touch-points, leads, opportunities and proposals in the CRM system.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and understand how client activities may be impacted.
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients’ businesses and requirements so you can provide relevant and accurate advice.
- Help develop the company in a technical capacity within the relevant sectors.
- Educated to degree level.
- Significant compliance-related experience gained at a financial institution, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator.
- Proven track record of exceeding financial goals and sales targets; consulting experience would be advantageous.
- Deep understanding of the FCA’s policies and procedures, and a good understanding of the AIFMD regulation.
- In depth knowledge of and experience in UK Annex IV reporting.
- Fund accounting or fund administration experience, with the ability to read and understand NAV packs, holdings reports, trade files, collateral/margin statements.
- Knowledge of risk metrics.
- European Annex IV reporting experience and filing to Luxembourg, Ireland, Finland, Sweden, Belgium).
- Experience of US regulatory reporting (Form PF, CPO-PQR), COREP reporting and GABRIEL financial reporting is highly desirable.
- Experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients.
- Experience managing client relationships.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and experience using a CRM system would be an advantage.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects and engagements whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to spot new opportunities and develop them.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and ‘can do’ attitude.