Mortgage Underwriting Team Leader
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Kayte Short
Date posted 08 May 20192019-05-08 2019-07-07 financial-services UK Robert Walters
An opportunity is available with an expanding financial services business for an Underwriting Team Leader in the long term lending department of a leading specialist mortgage bank based on the outskirts of Wolverhampton City Centre.
Reporting to an Underwriting Team Manager, you will deliver high quality lending decisions and deliver a great experience to brokers and customers.
- Provide daily supervisory support, to lead, motivate and manage the performance of the team
- Regularly monitor team’s performance to demonstrate competency and quality. Monitoring the daily figures to maximise productivity, conversion time frames and decisions.
- Taking steps to improve efficiency and processes to enhance customer experience
- Manage operational and cost effectiveness of team, ensuring adequate staffing levels and prioritisation of work to achieve the agreed performance targets.
- Ensure team are managed, trained, appraised and developed, setting appropriate performance objectives
- Ensure all complaints are handled in accordance with the Complaints Handling Procedures
- Monitor and perform assessment of risk controls within the area
- Experienced in people management within a similar role or within Financial Services, preferably with a mortgage background
- Leadership, Coaching and Development experience (including mentoring less experienced team members)
- Good understanding of the general principles of the law relating to mortgages; compliance, risk management and detailed understanding of the mortgage process from application to completion
- Ability to work with strategic priorities and goals and embed them operationally
- Examples of improving and enhancing operational processes to optimise capacity and quality
- Capable and experienced of dealing with a workflow and prioritising accordingly for self and others
- Strong analytical skills that aid effective decision making and good problem solving skills
- Ability to analyse and provide accurate MI and performance measures
- Positive, resilient, confident and ability to engage and form strong relationships with both team members and key stakeholders
These are excellent opportunities for progression within the mortgage field. Please call Kayte Short at Robert Walters on 0121 260 2564 for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org