Operations Assistant Manager
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Emma Zerle
Date posted 16 January 2019 2019-01-162019-03-17 banking London London GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is an exciting opportunity to join a boutique pension fund in London. Looking for individuals with strong experience in Operations-based roles with cross-product knowledge. Good knowledge of Back Office processes is preferred.
The Scheme provides investment, strategic asset allocation, liability management and risk management advisory and administration services solely for its members.
The Scheme's Operations are a multi-discipline team, overseeing Scheme Custody and service providers for over the counter (OTC) and exchange traded derivatives, supporting the internal Treasury function and processing Scheme cash payments.
The Operations Assistant Manager will be responsible for supporting and delivering daily BAU tasks for the Operations team, liaising both internally with other teams, and externally with service providers.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Operational Support of Market Implementation team for Scheme Hedging and Treasury activities, covering Exchange Traded derivatives, OTC derivatives, FX, money markets and gilts.
- Position reconciliation, new activity oversight and notification to out-sourced provider
- Margin and Collateral Management Oversight
- Cash and Collateral requirement management
- Liaison with Service Providers
- Oversight of the Longevity Hedge, reviewing calculations and margin calls from Service Providers, managing collateral movements and substitutions
- Preparation and submission of EMIR regulatory reporting, including: trade; positions; collateral and valuation reporting
- Monitoring Drawdowns vs outstanding commitments
- Monitoring Scheme Bank Account Activity to ensure completeness
- Producing management information for weekly and monthly reporting packages
- Managing Operational Risks and applying appropriate controls
The successful candidate will have experience in at least one operational discipline for either derivatives or cash based products. They will have worked in a BAU processing environment and have been responsible for delivery of daily tasks to set deadlines, and also demonstrated an ability to resolve BAU issues.
- Some experience in the financial sector
- Experience in at least one or more of the following operations roles:
- o Trade support o Collateral Management o Settlements
- Experience in either fixed income products (including OTC and exchange traded derivatives) or treasury and currency products
- Track record in ownership of BAU tasks and resolution of day to day issues
- Track record in process enhancement and improvement an advantage
Skills and knowledge:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent); preferably in a numerate discipline
- Good organisational skills; able to prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Good communicator, both verbally and written, with the ability to articulate issues clearly and influence others
- Pro-active, enquiring approach to actual and potential business activities.
- Exercise initiative, lateral thinking and flexibility with accuracy and attention to detail and propose practical, realistic recommendations.
- Team player.