Senior Collateral Officer
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Stefan Geleta
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-03-12 banking London London GB GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Contribute to the overall success of the Collateral Management team, GWO in London ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
· Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
· Assist in the margining and collateralisation of London’s Repo and securities borrowing and lending transactions either through the relevant Clearing Houses, tri-party platforms or bi-laterally with the Bank’s clients. Liaising with counterparts, trade floor personnel and operations staff in Toronto to ensure disputes and trade discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner and that intraday risk is kept to a minimum through the monitoring of relevant limits and also ensuring prompt resolution of any associated cash and security reconciliation breaks. This will also include actively monitoring record date information to ensure that no collateral is left on pledge over record date. The incumbent will also be responsible for issuing margin calls for base and precious metals business lines.
· Where applicable providing operational support to new business initiatives. Focusing on process enhancements to ensure that all collateral flows are matched in terms of type and that collateral usage is as optimal as possible, leveraging off of all available assets across classes to provide cost effective collateral solutions across business lines. This also includes instigating the novation of bilateral clients on to Tri-Party platforms in order to benefit from favourable collateral schedules to further increase cost savings and a strong focus on the constant review of client collateral schedules to identify new opportunities with regard to collateral optimization
· When required, provide operational input to line manager for the negotiation of GMRA/GMSLA documents to ensure that suggested margining practices are feasible and supportable by the CMF operations group. The incumbent should effectively conduct periodic reviews and reconciliations of all such legal documents.
· Collating associated MIS for senior management – This is inclusive of daily and monthly metrics and associated month end controls and processes.
· Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
· Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
· Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.