Securities Services Business Manager
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 04 December 2018 2018-12-042019-02-01 banking UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Business Manager role paying £60,000 - £70,000 Looking for: - Operational process improvement, Product Managent, Project Management backgrounds - Working knowledge of Product or Trade Lifecycle - Recognition of the impact a business management position holds - ability to question processes and evidence of delivering improvements as well as answering "why" - experience of working within the Custody arm of a Major Investment Bank
- Securities Services provides an end to end securities services proposition to asset issuers, servicers, owners and managers across a range of activities including custody, fund administration and corporate trust and loan agency. Servicing c.3,500 clients and employing over 7,000 people globally, is a product line of Global Banking & Markets.
- The role supports the Regional COO to deliver business management services to the Europe business across a range of responsibilities, including strategy execution, business planning and performance monitoring, project delivery, corporate governance and risk management. The role holder will form part of the regional Business Management function and will help deliver a range of services to the Europe business management community and, through them, to the wider Europe business. As a change agent, the role holder will seek out opportunities to improve efficiency, standardise ways of working and enhance the quality and depth of management information available to aid business decision making.
- To be successful, the role holder requires strong organisation and planning, transformation, relationship and influencing skills and the ability to manage an extensive and multi-faceted agenda across a diverse and extensive stakeholder base.
Impact on Business
Support the Business Manager, Europe in the formulation, maintenance and execution of strategy by:
- Conducting and providiing input to strategic and other business reviews
- Reviewing and enriching strategy proposals with best practise and experience and aid the receipt of all internal approvals, e.g. GSM7.1 proposals
- Seeking input for and preparing materials that explain and promote the Europe business to internal and external stakeholders, e.g. regulators. Owning and being responsible for maintaining the repository of the materials
Support the Business Manager, Europe to:
- Prepare and maintain the regional business plan and scorecard to help drive financial performance
- Review and contructively challenge regional/country/function financial performance and forecasts to help improve accuracy and profitability
- Identify opportunities and lead initiatives to enhance commercial performance
- Seek input for and produce KPIs and MI that aid business decisions. Conduct analysis to identify trends and thematics
- Lead and execute projects, as required
- Represent Senior/Business Manager, Europe at relevant project and governance committees. Ensure the client, people and business considerations are understood and acted upon
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build regional stakeholder network within, GBM and legal entity structures
- Proactively collaborate with multiple stakeholders at different levels of seniority to successfully deliver results
- Be an advocate for and promote awareness and understanding of the business
- Support the Business Manager, Europe in managing internal supplier relationships
- Act as trusted adviser to the business. Provide advice and guidance. Find solutions and sign post colleagues to the right stakeholders
Leadership & Teamwork
- Help create a high performing, results driven Business Management team by sharing knowledge and experience and supporting others to meet individual and collective team commitments
- Role model a continuous improvement culture.
- Actively seek new ways of working to improve the client experience and commercial return of the business
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Foster and maintain good governance and a risk management culture and awareness within the business
- Support the Business Manager, Europe to manage material incident/event reporting and escalation and, in conjunction with CCO, follow to resolution. Ensure all relevant factors are considered and read across is performed
- Represent Senior/Business Manager, Europe at incident management forums. Ensure business impact is understood, appropriate and timely actions are taken and status updates shared with relevant stakeholders
- Challenge the status quo and take a regional view to facilitate greater consistency and standardisation, particularly across the COO/Business Management community
- To effectively deal with a range of complex issues with conflicting and changing priorities.
- Ability to quickly assess situations and provide solutions in some cases without all the desired information.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to shape a sustainable future for HSS.
- Stakeholder management and the ability to work with all levels of management across the business.
- Respectfully challenging the status quo with peers across the region and in global functions.
- Effectively managing business performance alongside meeting obligations and ensuring that risk is effectively managed.
The role holder is required to:
- Work with autonomy, dealing with issues for which there is no clear cut solution, whilst still being able to provide judgement and clear direction. This includes the responsibility for making decisions and influencing people to embrace these and change.
- Collaborate effectively across multiple groups leveraging functions where direct reporting lines do not exist.
- Act (individually and collectively) to create a high performing team.