Regulatory Complaints Specialist
Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Consultant Kayte Short
Date posted 11 October 2018 2018-10-112018-12-10 financial-services UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity is available with a most respected Financial Services business operating in the insurance arena based in Birmingham City Centre for a Regulatory Complaints Specialist within the risk department.
The Complaints team handle complaints for customers and the ideal candidate will have a strong sense of customer service, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as a knowledge of Financial Services products and processes. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- To liaise with a wide range of people from across the Group, such as Team Managers and Financial Consultants.
- To have regular communication with customers throughout the complaint process by letter, phone and/or email.
- To decide the most appropriate resolution and where necessary calculate redress using company and FOS guidelines.
- To achieve targets for Complaint Handling as defined in the team plan
- Provide guidance and support to the business where required. To fully investigate and resolve complaints in line with company and regulatory guidelines.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as instructed by the Regulatory Complaints Manager
- Strong sense of customer service and commitment to ensuring fair outcomes for customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts clearly and in plain English.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to balance conflicting priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to act impartially and diffuse conflict and resolve disputes.
- IT proficiency – including data-bases, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Generic and Wesleyan Product Knowledge.
- Be able to deal with difficult customers and remain composed under pressure
- Experience of working in a Complaints Handling role and/or Compliance role within Financial Service
- Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning or progress towards
- Knowledge and understanding of FCA Handbook and in particular the Dispute Resolution: Complaints (DISP) sourcebook.
- Strong understanding of the financial planning process as applicable to retail clients.
This is an excellent opportunity in The Midlands region. Please apply now or for further information contact Kayte Short at email@example.com