£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
08 October 2018
Robert Walters United Kingdom
Loans Agency Associate:
The candidate will demonstrate SME level knowledge within the agency space, focusing on setting up and processing of both bi-lateral and sydnicated loans.
-Loans IQ is a must have
- The job holder will be responsible for carrying out a host of daily operational and oversight activities in relation to a book of syndicated loans in our role as Facility Agent. Including effective handling of process related queries and acting as an escalation point on operational aspects for our City Offices as well as for Global & Commercial Banking Relationship Mangers/ Client Service Managers / Finance and Origination Teams. To continuously provide high quality client service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction ensuring we place the client at the heart of everything we do which embraces our client centric culture.
- Ensure effective and regular dialogue is in place with our operational teams in City Offices ensuring constant collaboration, sharing of updates and best practices to ensure consistency in performance.
- Responsible for reviewing procedures and related MI with the ability to interpret the information so effective analysis can be performed. To maintain internal control standards, including the timely implementation of any internal and external audit points.
Impact on Business
- Coordination with the Client Service Manager on the operational aspects of the closing process (initial drawdown / fees, conditions precedent etc)
- Coordination with operational City Sites for the initial cash flow release. No payment processing will be undertaken by the onshore team
- Perform QA function on new deal set up and amendments
- Complete or review complex calculations on large syndications
- Review of the documentation from an operational perspective
- Set up transaction static in LoanIQ for new transactions and complex amendments based on the facility agreement. Key static, namely SSI’s will continue to be set up in the City Sites.
- Collect CARM credit approvals and CIN data from the RMs
- Coordination with City Site ops team to ensure key static has been set up in a timely manner
- Prepare & manage drawdown, rollover, margin adjustment, repricing and repayments on complex transactions
- Manage all prepayments
- CTLA operates in both the Debt Capital Markets and the Bank Debt Market (principally the Syndicated Loan Market) and manages a mix of business generation, documentation, operations and relationship management/customer interface with a broad spectrum of globally based clients. Regular contact will be maintained with a very wide variety of both internal and external customers in a number of locations. The diversity of both customer and location requires the jobholder to be flexible, proactive and up to date on current market standards and practices.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder)
- Knowledge of Loan IQ & a good understanding of the Syndicated Loan Market
- Strong communication skills to deal with both internal and external clients
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work, to ensure transaction deadlines are achieved
- Pro-active problem solving attitude
- Experience of primary syndication and/or secondary trading is desired
- Able to deliver high accuracy and volume of work to excellent standards under pressure
- Good communicator, both written and verbally