Head of Technical Services (Pensions)
Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant Richard Ryan
Date posted 04 October 2018 2018-10-042018-12-01 financial-services UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A large financial services organisation is currently seeking a Head of Technical Services to join its operations. The purpose of the role is to manage a technical services team that supports the wider operation to deliver a professional and efficient administration service to members.
Key duties include:
- Provide effective people management to the team.
- Maintain technical accuracy of the administration platform, seeking input from Administration Strategy and Legal teams where appropriate.
- Identifying and managing resourcing needs for the Technical team
- Manage the casework for the Technical team, distributing and prioritising accordingly
- Identify development needs and help deliver training as required.
- Act as a point of escalation for member queries/complaints
- Provide and analyse work statistics and reports.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of team specific processes including pension scheme rules and procedures
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven technical expertise gained through the pensions industry with a focus on DB Pension Schemes
- Have an in-depth knowledge of scheme rules and practices, HMRC rules and regulations, pensions and related employer legislation
- Background including pensions administration
- In-depth knowledge of all Microsoft Office software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage workload appropriately
- Strong people management skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large organisation with excellent long term career prospects. Please reply with an updated copy of your CV as applications for this role will close shortly.