Ratings Agency Relationship Manager - BENELUX region
Salary £60,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 03 September 2018 2018-09-032018-11-02 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
I am currently recruiting a French speaking Relationship manage for a global ratings agency to cover the Benelux region, can be based in London, Paris or Milan. Must be: - French and Enlgish Fluent, knowledge of Italian, Spanish or Portuguese beneifcial - Experience of dealing with EMEA Sub-Sovereign Clients - Relationship management experience and dealt with targets int he past -Ratings agency exposure woudl be beneficial
The position is an important role for the EMEA Commercial Group and is a perfect opportunity for a strategic sales focused individual with knowledge of both the Public Sector and Western European financial markets. The position will be focused on two key customer facing business aspects within MIS (1) promoting the comapany's Public Sector Europe and working on key existing and develop new public sector (“sub sovereign”) relationships and (2) France Benelux (FBNL) and Southern Europe (SE) Account Management for fundamental issuers. This will require first market knowledge and a keen assessment of trends in the sub sovereign sector into an executable outreach strategy that will facilitate the expansion of the rated market and position. In addition, experience in general sales and financial markets in FBNL and SE will also be important. This is a role for an individual contributor to demonstrate leadership and drive collaborative participation across various functions in the Commercial Group and with other internal stakeholders.
- Expected to spend 50-60% of the time meeting existing and prospective customers, as well as key market constituents including investor community.
- Proactively seek opportunities and prepare strategically competitive proposals for new and existing contracts which may involve a bidding/tender process
- Responsible for retaining a portfolio of strategic existing relationships and expanding the share of wallet by selling a tailored value proposition.
- Network intensively and liaise with market participants and other stakeholders in the financial markets.
- Scope opportunities and lead Commercial initiatives (including but not limited to products, marketing, pricing and contracts) to facilitate profitability and improve the competitive position
- Negotiate commercial terms including fees for new and renewal contracts.
- Represent the Relationship Management team at internal meetings with the analytical team and other departments where applicable
- Provide support and back-up for other sub-regions as needed
MPSE Public Sector:
- Proactively manage a sizeable and highly diversified portfolio of existing sub sovereign relationships across EMEA, primarily Western Europe – e.g. regional and local governments, government-related issuers and public service providers, social housing, higher education institutions and not for profits
- Conducting Business Development in the region for Public Sector Europe (MPSE) - including strategic prospecting, on-boarding of new rating relationships and developing new market segments.
FBNL and Southern Europe Account Management:
- Proactively manage a diversified portfolio of existing relationships across France-Benelux (“FBNL”) and Southern Europe (SE) focused on Fundamental businesses (predominantly Corporate and Financial Institutions).
The primary function of the Relationship Management department is the establishment, maintenance and management of rating relationships throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Knowledge of the EMEA Sub Sovereign market
- Working knowledge of the role and functions of Rating Agencies and company market position
- Experienced with direct interaction with sub sovereign issuers and market participants at all levels.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills with the ability to negotiate successful outcomes.
- Ability to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals.
- Manage, coordinate and review response to tenders/RFP processes
- A sound understanding of credit risk issues and Capital Markets
- Excellent understanding of market specific business culture
- Track record in account management and business development
- Successful experience in at least one of the following areas:
o Rating advisory at an intermediary or sales and marketing experience at an international rating agency
o Corporate or Financial Institutions
o Loan origination, syndication or debt capital markets
- Strong academic background. Degree (or equivalent) in Business, Economics, Marketing, International Relations
- Post-graduate qualification (Masters) an advantage
Key Skills – Technical
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint, Advanced Excel as well as practical use of Bloomberg terminals
Key Skills – Non Technical
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and under pressure
- Intellectually curious. Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and business environment
- Ability to understand and communicate the fundamentals of the firm's analytical approach, and rating methodologies
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; ability to build relationships and communicate clearly with senior officers
- Highest ethical standards and working in a multi-cultural environment. Culture of compliance.
- Project-management capabilities. Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and to convincingly influence peers
- Receptive to the challenge of ambitious sales and marketing goals
- Strong sense of urgency, and a pro-active "can do" approach
- Highly organized and efficient, sound judgment, capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Willingness to travel across EMEA
- English and French fluency. A Southern European languages such as Italian, Spanish or Portuguese is beneficial.